We value your business and we know that your privacy is important to you.
Applies to your account
This privacy statement applies only to the information collected in relation to your account and does not apply to the content that customers store on our systems, including all personal data. Pro Backup will not disclose, move, open or use any customer content except as provided in the general terms and conditions and Pro Backup house rules, this privacy statement and our data processing amendment.
Entity responsible for data processing
Pro Backup is responsible for the processing of personal data as shown in this privacy statement.
About Pro Backup
Pro Backup is a micro-enterprise based in the Netherlands, acting as a backup service provider, with two different services:
- CrashPlan PRO
- CrashPlan PROe
Both are hybrid (local and cloud) backup with data storage in the Netherlands for private individuals, companies and other organizations that use Macs or Windows/Solaris/Linux PCs.
Identity and address of establishment
5428 NNCC Venhorst
By choice of internet sales and low prices we can not be continuously available by phone. Our phone number is +31 15 7112149. If work permits us, we answer the phone. Otherwise the answering machine asks to call back later or to sent an email. Calls without caller ID (CLIP) go directly to voicemail.
Privacy is important
Because privacy is important to you, we have implemented this privacy statement that describes how we collect and use personal information that you provide to us when you create a Pro Backup account, through our website or via apps; what we do with the collected information; and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
Personal data that we process
Pro Backup processes your personal data because you have created an account and use our services and because you have provided this personal information to us.
Below is an overview of the personal data we process:
- First and last name
- Address data
- Phone number
- E-mail address
- IP address
- Information about your activities on our website
- Internet browser and device type
Special and/or sensitive personal data
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years. Unless they have permission from parents or guardians. However, we can not check whether a visitor is older than 16 years. We encourage parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you are convinced that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us and we will delete this information.
With what purpose and on what basis
Pro Backup processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Offering, operating, optimizing and maintaining our online platforms, products and services;
- To give you the opportunity to create an online account;
- Processing, fulfilling and providing updates on online orders;
- Handling and processing your payment;
- To be able to call, e-mail, send postal mail to you if necessary to carry out our services;
- To inform you about changes to our services and products;
- To deliver goods and services to you;
- Identifying server problems or other IT or network problems;
- Preventing abuse of the products and services we offer; and
- Pro Backup also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as information that we need for our tax return.
Pro Backup makes decisions based on "automated processing" on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. This concerns decisions taken by computer programs or systems, without involving a person (for example, a Pro Backup employee). Pro Backup uses the following computer programs or systems:
- sub2rbl, blocking potential hack attacks, blacklists, access restrictions to the services offered
How long we store personal data
Pro Backup does not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to achieve the purposes for which your data is collected. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
- Personalia, e-mail address, IP address, Device type > 20 years < the CrashPlan software does not allow removal of accounts
- Address > 7 years < legal
- Telephone number > 7 years < is stored in the invoice just like address
- Internet browser > 1 year
- Information about your activities on our website > 1 year
Sharing personal data with third parties
Pro Backup will not sell your information to third parties and will only provide this information if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation.
We may share and disclose your personally identifiable information in the limited circumstances described below:
- To suppliers and other third party service providers who need access to your personal information to help us deliver and improve our products. The third parties that only use and process your information in our name are companies such as:
- We may also (have to) disclose your information to third parties:
- if required by legal or regulatory requirements, court order or other judicial authorization;
- in response to legitimate requests from government authorities, including with regard to compliance with national security and legislation enforcement requirements;
- in connection with the sale, transfer, merger, bankruptcy, restructuring or other reorganization of a company;
- to protect or defend our rights, interests or property, or those of third parties;
- to investigate possible offenses related to our products and services; and
- to protect the vital interests of a person.
- To another person or organization with your permission.
- If you use our services as part of a company, group, or organization where Pro Backup is set up by an administrator, the administrator may have access to and manage your account. Consult your organization's internal policy for more information.
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
Pro Backup only uses technical and functional cookies. And analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy (for example, via which web address you end up on our website). A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferences. We can also optimize our website with this. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser.
View, modify or delete data
If you have a relationship with our company, you have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Pro Backup and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal information we have in a computer file to you or another organization designated by you.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for cancellation of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data by postal mail to the above address.
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your ID with the request. Make your passport photo, MRZ (machine readable zone, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport), passport number and citizen service number (BSN) / social security number (SSN) / or equivalent national identity number, black in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. We respond as quickly as possible, but within four weeks, at your request.
How we secure personal data?
Pro Backup takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. If you have the impression that your data is not secure or there are indications of abuse, please contact our customer service.